Improve your virtual communication in both meetings and emails with emotional intelligence tools and perspectives.
Communication is essential as we adapt to the reality of working from home. Managers and employees need structure, assurance, and tools for managing change as we navigate the challenging task of doing our jobs differently. This course helps both groups—managers and employees—adapt to remote work with efficiency, effectiveness, and emotional intelligence. You’ll learn how to plan for and participate in virtual meetings with consistent courtesy and attention. And, you’ll upgrade your ability to email with clarity and care.
Accepting a new approach
- How is communication different?
- What are the challenges and best practices for effective virtual communication
- What's at stake if we don't change?
Choosing the right communication channel
- Pros and cons of common channels
- Thinking strategically about available tools
- Choosing the best method
Meeting Virtually with emotional intelligence
- See meetings from a new perspective
- Plan virtual meetings for maximum efficiency
- Participate in virtual meetings with consistent attention and courtesy
Composing email that's concise yet complete
- Strategies for keeping it short, but thorough
- MS tools to improve quality
- The three golden rules of email