This course will prepare you to use the most common basic features of Adobe Photoshop.
Adobe® Photoshop® 2020: Part 1 focuses on some of the basic features of Photoshop so that the student can navigate the environment and use Photoshop tools to work with photographic images. In addition, the orientation to Adobe® Bridge and organization of files in Bridge is covered. Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from photographers to designers to videographers, Photoshop Part 1 will focus mainly on the photography component. The illustration and animation techniques are covered in subsequent levels of Photoshop.
Target students include professional or amateur photographers who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs, and anyone interested in working toward the Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop certification.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have a basic comfort level with digital photography. For example, you have used a digital camera and have downloaded images to your computer or other storage device.
This course is creating using Windows 10.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Identify the components and capabilities of Photoshop.
- Create basic images.
- Manage selections and layers.
- Modify and repair images, and manage color.
- Refine images by adjusting layers, using camera raw, and applying advanced image refinement.
- Import, export, organize, and save files.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Photoshop
- Organize Photoshop Assets by Using Adobe Bridge
- Organize the Photoshop Workspace
- Customize the Photoshop Workspace
Lesson 2: Creating Basic Images
- Manage Image Elements and Formats
- Apply Design Principles, Elements, and Graphic Composition
- Work with Digital Devices
Lesson 3: Managing Selections and Layers
- Use Selection Tools
- Manage Layers
Lesson 4: Adjusting Images
- Modify Images
- Repair Images
- Implement Color Management
Lesson 5: Refining Images
- Adjust Layers
- Apply Camera Raw
- Refine Images by Using Advanced Tools
Lesson 6: Managing Files in a Production Workflow
- Import, Export, and Organize Files
- Save Images for the Web
- Save Images for Print
- Format Images for Other Programs