In this course, you will use Adobe InDesign (2020) to create and deliver professional looking printed and interactive documents.
Giving your documents a well-designed, professional look will put you a step ahead in the marketplace cluttered with all kinds of communications. Paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and various panels that enable you to easily customize both text and graphics; Adobe® InDesign® (2020) has all the tools you need to elevate the look of your document and get it out to the people who need to see it, whether it be in print or on the web.
This course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with the functions of your computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, retrieving files, and saving files.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Navigate the InDesign interface.
- Create a new document.
- Customize a document using color, swatches, gradients, and styles.
- Manage page elements.
- Add tables.
- Prepare documents for deployment.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with InDesign
- Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
- Customize the InDesign Interface
- Apply the Navigation Controls and Set Preferences
Lesson 2: Designing a Document
- Establish Project Requirements
- Apply Design Principles
- Create a New Document
- Add Text to a Document
- Add Graphics to a Document
Lesson 3: Customizing a Document
- Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Create and Apply Styles
Lesson 4: Working with Page Elements
- Arrange and Align Objects
- Apply Layers
- Transform and Manipulate Objects
- Thread Text Frames
- Edit Text
Lesson 5: Building Tables
- Create and Modify a New Table
- Format a Table
Lesson 6: Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Resolve Errors in a Document
- Export Files for Printing and for the Web
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign CC Exam
Appendix B: Productivity Enhancements
This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign exam.